Friday, July 08, 2005

Speech Day

Finally, Speech Day is over! It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, partly because i was reading a book for 1/2 the time. Before that, I walked to Lot 1 with Qin Pei, Rannald and Ashwin. Then we did history essay there even though there were extremely irritating flies buzzing all over... bleargh. Saw Huiting, our RMUN lo. She speaks with an RJ accent now! Really, she was like "I have a proposition to make..." with a reeeally smooth RJ accent. Dosen't even sound remotely BP.

Reading Anne of the Island now. Its very nice and reminds me of childhood, when i used to be mad over the Anne of the Island novel. Hehex. It just made me wonder. Singaporeans are a reserved bunch. We're afraid to show emotion, to show love. What is love to us is not love but is also bizzarely a form of love; but we tell others that actually what we love is only what we like. Complicated.
Ok, maybe i'm the only one. But i know that I'm highly insecure. Dunno why, but my brother has a sense of security in that he is loved, but I don't. And sometimes I envy Anne of Green Gables for knowing that she always has love waiting for her at home.

No comments: