Friday, March 17, 2006

I just want a chance

" I know that I was playing with fire. I ran the risk, and if I was set free, I would do the same." - Ghandi

Why do others judge based on where we come from, what we have done, what we look like? All I want is a chance to prove myself, if you let me. Why do we not get the chance to even try? Is it too much to ask for, the opportunity of being given the benefit of doubt?

And thats whats wrong with a system of a select few elite. It gets impossibly difficult to break into that small select circle. Even if you know you are good, even if you are good, sometimes they just don't give you the chance. And thats what I hate. Rejection always rankles. No, it hurts. And though one may smile, and say, "its ok", the hurt lingers, and festers and it hurts, and you can't say anything to anyone because its not supposed to hurt. It is terrifyingly sad to be rejected not because you were plain lousy, but because you had no chance.

What do you do?

You try again

No comments: