Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mansfield Park















Its one of the books I started reading after Promos.

Ok, basically this book is about
  1. A girl named Fanny who is sent to live with her relatives
  2. She grows up pretty but rather shy (and she cries a lot)
  3. She is pursued by a man named Henry Crawford
  4. Which she rejects, and he persisting prolongs the novel for like a hundred pages and endless weepings and descriptions of Fanny's virtues and shyness and delicacy
  5. Did I mention she cries a lot?
  6. Finally she marries her cousin (Edmund) whom she's been crushing all along but never realizes
  7. And they're married.
And I must rant: I really don't like Aunt Norris. Maybe its partly Austen's genius, but whenever Norris comes into the scene, I just think bitch

No comments: